CBD For Minor Car Accident Injuries
Car accidents can be scary, and they can lead to some nasty injuries. You should always consult your doctor after being in a car accident. Additionally, you can use CBD in a variety of ways to ease pain and heal in the wake of a car accident.
Common Car Accident Injuries
The most common injuries caused by car accidents are:
• Cuts and scrapes - can be caused by broken glass, flying objects, etc.
• Burns - can be caused by airbags, seatbelts, concrete, or flames
• Whiplash - a type of neck sprain resulting from a rapid jerking motion of the head
• Back injuries - damage to the spinal cord, such as herniated discs, can occur
• Broken bones/fractures - ribs, arms, legs, etc. are susceptible to being broken in car accidents
• TBI - traumatic brain injuries, such as concussions
• PTSD - car accidents can cause psychological and emotional injuries, such as Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
These injuries require medical attention. In addition to your doctors recommendations, CBD can be an extremely helpful tool in healing after an accident!
How CBD Can Help
CBD can be used to soothe both internal and external injuries.
For internal injuries, such as breaks, fractures, and sprains, CBD can be used internally or externally, or both. Daily usage of a CBD tincture of CBD capsules can support the endocannabinoid system, reduce inflammation, and promote healing. CBD salves or roll-ons can also be used as a more targeted treatment on sources of pain!
The endocannabinoid system has receptors throughout the nervous system, including in the brain, so CBD can be beneficial to brain health and aid in healing TBIs as well as psychological conditions that can result from car accidents, such as PTSD. CBD increases the body’s levels of the naturally occurring endocannabinoid, Anandamide, which is known as the “bliss molecule”because it can improve people’s emotional health.
For external injuries, such as cuts, scrapes, bruises, and burns, a CBD salve or roll-on can be extremely beneficial.
In addition to the anti-inflammatory benefits of CBD, the roll-on contains arnica, which can help with swelling, as well as the essential oils of lavender, frankincense, black pepper, and turmeric, all of which have anti-inflammatory and skin healing properties.
Alive Markets CBD body butter contains shea butter, beeswax, and oils that are very soothing to the skin and will keep the CBD locked in for a long period of time.